Social Media Accessibility Training
Social media accessibility training
Would you like to become a more accessibility-confident content creator?
In this social media accessibility training, you’ll learn the basic principles of accessibility and social media content.
You'll learn how to use the in-built tools of the major social media platforms, and how to create accessible content.
- Understand how blind, deafblind, and partially sighted people engage with online/digital content.
- Learn how to use inbuilt accessibility tools of popular social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Threads, etc.)
- Using inclusive language
- Image Descriptions
- Colour and Contrast
- Create social media content step-by-step
Part 1: Basic Principles of Accessibility and Content Creation
- What is accessible social media?
- What to check when creating graphics, videos, images, stories, and reels.
- Ethics and reputation
Part 2: Using In-Built Tools and Posting
- From creating to publishing
- The six social media platforms; Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Threads and Youtube
- Covering the in-built accessibility tools
Part 3: Case Study and Questions
- We will look at your past content and identify accessibility issues
- You will create accessible content
- Questions and answers
Who is this training for?
- People and organizations with staff or clients who are blind or partially sighted
- People and organizations creating social media content
- Disability Writer Guidebook, "No Accessible Social Media Content?" Your #1 Guidebook to creating accessible social media content.
- € 650 (including guidebook, excluding travel costs)
- €450 (including guidebook)
Hi, I'm Lia
Your Disability Writer (and total social media accessibility nerd)
I work with experts, consultants, and thought leaders turning their insights into content.
I’m also a bit of a social media accessibility nerd. I spend waaay more time on the buzzing platform than I’d like to say.
And, I’ve experienced the disappointing barriers of its inaccessible content.
The good news is, I know how to remove those barriers and create delightful, engaging, and accessible content.
And I can do it for you.